Topic: Past Tense [BRAWL 2019]

Directory Link

Past Tense [BRAWL 2019]

YouTube

My entry to BRAWL 2019. One of the first things that struck me about the theme "trapped" was how it could be interpreted in both present and past tenses. Therefore both are explored in the film.

I also took the mod element colors (black and white) to the next level: the film was captured in full color images but the sets and characters only used black, white, and grey bricks! I think it makes for a neat effect, as opposed to applying greyscale effects in post-production (not that there's anything wrong with the latter).

Enjoy Past Tense!

Re: Past Tense [BRAWL 2019]

Nice work. 
Overall, I liked the theme interpretation.  I think you were able to do a lot with little, especially without having any dialog. 
If there were one area that I think improvement in would have really made the film more compelling, it would be lighting.  The lighting right now is pretty flat all across the board...I think you could have really used more intentional lighting to your advantage in a film like this.

Re: Past Tense [BRAWL 2019]

I could not really tell what was going on in relation to the theme but I like the designs of the characters and sets. Interesting the way this main character was always in focus, even when there were others in the shot.